The UAMS PM&R Program is a four-year categorical program. PGY-1 Applications are accepted only through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application System) only. Our deadline is October 1st each year.
The PM&R Residency Program requires the following information along with your application form to be submitted to ERAS.
1. CURRICULUM VITAE – containing at least:
- Undergraduate education
- Medical education
- Any postgraduate training or experience
- Any honors, research or publications
- National Board or FLEX exam scores
- For Medical Graduates – All time since graduation from Medical School must be accounted for
- For IMG’s – Include current citizenship, visa status and USMLE Step 1 & Step 2 scores. (Currently we are looking at J1 Visas only)
2. PERSONAL STATEMENT – Indicating why you have chosen the specialty of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
3. DEAN’S LETTER from Medical School.
4. LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
- A minimum of three (3) letters from physicians who are familiar with your medical competence. Preference will be given for those applicants who submit a letter from a PM&R physician.
- If you have had any medical training since medical school, include a letter from each training program director.
- All letters must be sent directly from the author, not from the applicant.
5. USMLE or COMLEX SCORES
a. Passing Step 1 and 2 score.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications are not considered complete until all of the above are received via ERAS. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted via the email address on their application in ERAS.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write us at:
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, # 602
Attn: Residency Coordinator
4301 West Markham Street
Little Rock, AR 72205