Frequently Asked Questions
- What is your minimum eligibility requirement?
Please see Policy #P.1 Resident Selection Criteria and Recruitment Process in the Residency Program Manual posted on this website.
- Does your program participate in ERAS (Electronic Residency Application System)?
The UAMS PM&R Residency Program participates in the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). Only applications received via ERAS will be considered.
- When is your application deadline?
Our application deadline is November 15th of each year.
- Do you accept IMGs (international medical graduates)?
Yes. The UAMS PM&R Residency Program does accept IMGs.
- What kind of visa do you sponsor for IMGs?
The PM&R department will sponsor J-1 visas.
- Is US Clinical Experience or Observership experience required?
This is not a requirement; however, it can be helpful.
- How many positions does your program accept?
For the fiscal year 2012-2013, we have filled all open positions.
- What is the minimum score requirements?
The program requires a minimum passing score on (USMLE or COMLEX) Step 1 and Step 2 examinations. Applicants who have passed on the first attempt will receive preference.
- Number of letters of recommendation required?
Three letters of recommendation are required – at least one should be from a PM&R physician.
- What is the earliest and latest date for submission of application?
The earliest submission of application is September 1st and the latest submission of application is November 15th.
- Does your program offer observerships?
The University policy allows rotations by medical students currently enrolled in LCME medical schools only.
- How will I know if I have been selected for an interview?
You will be contacted via the email address you have provided on your application in ERAS.
- Does your program have a graduation year cut off?
The UAMS PM&R Residency program does not have a graduation year cut off.
- Do I have to have an ECFMG certificate in order to receive an invitation to interview?
No, however if matched the ECFMG certificate must be obtained prior to the start date for the academic year (July 1) otherwise your position is forfeited.